AMERICAN HIGH SCHOOL CURRICULUM
Program based on what was already defined for the updated 2020-21 academic year, Advance Placement US curriculum.
The educational project includes a Core Subjects, Electives and Complementary Activities.
The study planification is made up of the chronological distribution of the subjects and thematic units throughout the learning process for several years and until the end of the baccalaureate, which will give access to subsequent university or higher education studies.
|CURRICULAR SHEET PER WEEK 2022-23|
|(Only Y11 to Y12 will be offered)|
|TOTAL MAX. SESSIONS PER WEEK||25|
|On-line sessions per week||20|
|Off-line pre-recorded sessions per week||5|
|Time per session||45 minutes|
|MIDDLE SCHOOL||HIGH SCHOOL|
|Integrated Science, Chemistry, Env. Studies||3||3||3||3||3||3|
|Social Studies, History||2||2||2||2||2||2|
|English – Language & Literature||4||4||4||4||4||4|
|Second Language -Spanish||3||3||3||3||3||3|
|Health Opportunities through Ph. Ed.||2||2||2||2||2||2|
|Art / Music / Tech|
7 max. per year
- CORE SUBJECTS (Compulsory for all students)
Maths, English Language & Spanish Language.
- CORE SCIENCE OPTION. One science to study from a choice of:
- Integrated Science, Biology, Chemistry or Enviromental Studies.
- CORE HUMANITIES OPTION:
- Students then select one humanity subject from a choice of Social Studies or History.
- More subjects can be offered as per student decision.
- ELECTIVE OPTIONS
Students can select 1 more subjects form full subject offering including sciences and humanities to complete 7 in total.
- ADDITIONAL SUBJECTS
As per optional student decision, more subjects can be added to the curriculum. Any additional subjects will be charged at an additional fee per year.
IESGS AHS Program will be taught at the Secondary Levels.
- Middle School Curriculum: Grade 7th to 9th (12 – 14 Years Old)
- High School Curriculum: Grade 10th to 12th (15 – 17 Years Old)
- Bach: Grade 11th & 12th (16 – 17 Years Old)
All IES International Educational Systems Global School students may participate in the following extracurricular activities:
- Additional subjects: Language Club, Information and Communication Technologies Art, Music, Sports...
- IESGS/SEK – Talks
- INTERNATIONAL ACADEMIC EXCHANGES AND VISITS. Organized by the network of IESGS/SEK educational centers around the world.
- CULTURAL AND SPORTS INTERSEK.
- Participation in international competitions and awards IESGS / SEK
(The above points will be briefly exposed in the digital and physical publications of IESGS)
At the end of the school period, the student will receive the certification of the year with the record of the grades obtained.
In the case of 12th grade students, they will be given the official diploma and certification that will allow them to continue their subsequent university studies, according to the regulations in force in the State of Florida, USA.
If students want the certification of the studies they have completed to be recognized by another country, they must complete the necessary procedures by themselves.
Internal administrative procedures carried out by Boca Prep International School may have additional costs.
The school calendar will have 180 school days, with the possibility of offering two calendars for this program:
- Start of classes: August, 2022
- End of classes: May 202
Each school year will be scheduled in 2 semesters and 4 quarters or terms, which will have two vacation periods that will coincide with the end of each of these periods.
- On-line classes will have a duration of 45 minutes and will be taught weekly from Monday to Thursday and from 8:00 to 12:30 p.m.
- On Fridays from 8:00 a.m. to 12:15 p.m. both group and individual pedagogical tutorials will be held so that students can resolve any doubts they may have.
- These tutorials will be requested and organized by each of the teachers, avoiding overlapping schedules so that all students who need it can be attended to.
|8:00 - 8:45||Tutorial session|
|8:45 - 9:30||Tutorial session|
|9:30 - 10:15||Tutorial session|
|10:15 - 10:45||Break|
|10:45 - 11:30||Tutorial session|
|11:30 - 12:15||Tutorial session|
- Other charges may include but are not limited to school trips, transportation, school events and graduation fees.
- Please note that there will be a $35 processing fee for all declined ACH transactions and checks returned for insufficient funds.
- Late fees may apply to payments received after the due date under any given plan.
- For International transcripts that require professional evaluation, there will be a $480 fee.
Additional fees may apply if translation is required.
- Payments can be made by ACH transaction, check, card, and/or wire transfers.
- There is a 2% surcharge for payments processed by credit/debit card.